Home » Twitter
Category Archives: Twitter
Twitter is considered to be one of the most effective social network which if used properly, can benefit any business in the most profitable way. With over 190,000,000 a visitors month you can understand that how useful this network could be if used in the right way. Check out the infographic below created by Neil Patel of Quick Sprout, that will help you understand on as to how to increase engagement on Twitter by 324%.
Check out what the above infographic states:
Some Twitter Facts
- There are over 555,000,000 twitter users
- 135,000 new user sign ups on Twitter everyday
- Twitter has over 190,000,000 per month
- Twitter has over 115,000,000 monthly active users
- More than 58,000,000 tweets are posted per day
- Twitter has more than 36,000,000 monthly unique visitors
- There are more than 5700 Tweets posted per second
Business Facts about Twitter
- Over 75% of Businesses are on Twitter
- 33% of Twitter users follow a Brand
- 79% of Twitter users are most likely to recommend the brand they follow
- 67% of Twitter users are more likely to buy from the brands they follow
- There have been over 600% increase in users asking for business recommendations on Twitter
- 50% shoppers made purchases based on recommendation found through a social network
What is the Best Time to Tweet
As per Twitter’s data:
- Saturdays and Sundays are found to have highest engagement rates
- 9AM, 12PM, 3PM and 6PM are said to be the best hours for tweeting
What type of tweets gets users engagement
- Image based tweets use to have over 200% engagement
- People are 21% more likely to respond to questions, so tweet questions
- Tweet that contain Links have 86% of retweet rate
- Tweets with less than 100 characters have 17% higher engagement
- 92% engagement with brand’s tweets come from link clicks
Twitter rules that are not said
- Asking followers to retweet has 4X higher retweet rate
- To every 100 users you follow, you will get 31 follow back
How to Convert Twitter Followers into Customers
It is better to have 100 real followers than 1000 random followers and so you must try to build followers through the most ethical way and that by tweeting informational, interesting posts. There are more reasons below of why you should have real followers:
- 30% more chances are there that your followers will recommend you
- 72% followers are more likely to recommend you
- 73% of followers wants updates on future products
- 61% of followers want ideas and feedbacks
- Offering your followers a special promotional offer increases the likelihood of them purchasing by 349%
As per what the above infographic states one thing is very clear that mastering Twitter is not very tough but then you need to be reasonable and responsible. You should not look after instant and huge increment in followers rather you should build your followers by posting useful and targeted tweets that are informative, interesting and something that actually needs attention. Tweeting on weekends i.e. on Saturdays and Sundays at the peak hours 9PM, 12AM, 3AM and 6AM will can result in huge engagement.
Have more thoughts over Twitter engagement, please post in comments below.
Twitter is one of the most important network for businesses promotion and online branding. Features of Twitter like Favorite a tweet and Retweet a tweet are considered to be sign of a twitter content or tweet getting liked. Are you able to get retweets on most of your tweets? If not, then check out the infographic below by Niel Patel of Quick Sprout that states the ultimate art of getting retweets.
A Quick View of what the above infographic states:
- You must leave space for “RT@yourusername” in your tweets to get a retweet
- Use not more 100 characters in your tweets with hashtags
- Always thank to those who retweet your tweet
- Tweet with URLs to increase the chances of getting more retweets
- Must use #Hashtags to increase chances of getting retweets
- Tweeting about trends is proven to get retweets
- Use of phrases like ‘follow’, ‘free’ ‘please retweet’ ‘top 10’ ‘check out’ etc tend to get retweets
- Tweeting between 12PM – 2PM has been found to be most useful
- Tweeting on Weekdays, especially thursday and friday between 12PM – 2PM helps getting more retweet
- Tweeting new and helpful content attracts users and chances of more retweets increases
Tweeting within 100 characters with the right use of words including hashtags on weekdays between 12PM-2PM helps you getting more retweets.
When it comes to social media Facebook and Twitter are the most common names webmasters talk about. Well but that not in all the discussion as during competition Twitter often is not present as after the launch of Google+, it is being seen as Facebook’s upcoming head to head competitor. It seems like Twitter does not like that and so made a new SEO friendly launch that is Twitter user profile directory in which one could access to all the users of Twitter from the available options. It is the second frequent step taken by Twitter after the Twitter robots.txt change in which it tried to make its content crawlable by search engines and similar to the previous update this new launch too is uninformed. Since in the previous change it just made the tweets, links and hashtags crawlable through its URL, this time it pushed for user’s profile as well.
Will Google Accept the Offer Genuinely?
Since the field of SEO is ever changing and we all know that the one with the best strategy and traffic could lead, but the main question is that will search engines give this new change that importance as it should? We all know that Twitter is an authority site and so as per that search engines must display it in its top of search results with certain queries that matches. If we will go through the Google webmaster guidelines which are now effecting strongly after the Google Penguin and Google Panda algorithm updates, I think Google could make these points to avoid showing it up. Webmasters after this launch that took place last week made a quick search with Twitter profile directory URL and found that till now Google has indexed around 7 million pages which somehow seem not right as per the record of profiles and accordingly pages that could be displayed by Google. However we could expect improvements by both the giant of their fields.
How Twitter New Launches are Helpful in SEO?
In 2011 before July Google and Twitter were on good business terms where in Google used to show Twitter Results with certain searches that match Twitter realtime search results. And during this time Twitter has been joined by many webmasters and SEO with the motive of improving website rankings and organic traffic towards their web portal. I feel these two launches by Twitter though not completely but could be considered as similarly helpful in SEO. Well that nowhere means that it should be spammed, I am sure if positive tweets with the right set of words will be made especially in accordance to Google webmaster guidelines then webmasters and web businesses could expect more and more business with the micro-blogging giant.
Sometime extreme competition is good, like the competition between Facebook, Google and Twitter. Each giant keeps on working to improve their features in order to beat the other and that is something users get benefit of.
Follow me on social networks below to stay updated and get real time updates:
We all know this fact that Twitter is more effective now and much helpful to reach wide audience in less span of time. Since we can write limited characters post/tweet, create a brief profile and etc…. so it is being joined by many individuals and companies each day. Twitter is the recommended option to go with when it comes to promote and brand you online as an expert.
Everyone is aware that what they need on Twitter is more and more followers. Well it is a bit of similar like making people like your Facebook page but not that’s easy because on Facebook you have many ways using which we can design and customize your page which has been proven one of the effective strategies to be liked. For twitter users thinks that just by following they will get followers, but that is nowhere true.
Check out five useful tips below to increase your twitter followers and rankings:
1. Complete your profile
As you know that in twitter asks few important information before opening an account and after signing in (the profile). Unless we fill in all the required information to sign in we can’t sign into it. So it is important to fill in the required information while signing in/opening an account similarly the profile information is equally important as that. Many twitter user has not fulfilled their required profile information which is utmost important as it has been found that most of the twitter users look for profile information to know about the person and then they decide over whether to follow or not. Always complete your profile information from your bio, uploading picture to linking your website or blog.
2. Present your effective identity
Since you need to create your complete profile and present yourself completely so it is also very important that you should have an identity of yourself which says what you are. Like if you are an Internet Marketer, Web Design Specialist and etc….
3. Respond to your followers
There is a common say that ‘mostly when you get what you want your action, activity and behavior changes’. Similar are the cases found on Twitter. When a user cross 100 followers it stops responding to their tweets or if they responds then that in an unbalanced way. Well, this is something you should not do as this will reduce your followers or the increment process will be slower than before. It will be great if you will respond with balanced replies with other content that could be considered your latest tweet too. ‘It’s like hitting two targets with one bow’.
4. Don’t tweet much about yourself
Most people join Social Medias like Facebook, Twitter and etc to explore themselves, but that’s not the only thing you should do on these medias. Since you are not a celebrity or an icon you need to be very careful over what you post/tweet. Twitter users are nowhere interested in knowing much about or your daily tasks apart from what they could find as profile information. You need to stop talking about yourself and say/post/tweet something that users will read and want to read. Talking always about yourself is just like calling many at a place and talking about yourself instead of some useful or entertaining talks. Make informative posts or posts related to latest happenings, news or mysterious events/ happenings.
5. Avoid posting negative tweets
You know that every day is not a good day. There are days where you will be in frustration or in any kind of problem. Don’t post your problem or frustrations over there as it reflects back a negative impact over its readers. It’s just similar to posting something personal which although you need to avoid.
It’s just that you need to present yourself informative and like you are there for providing something useful.
Follow me on social networks below to stay updated and get real time updates: