You must have got emails from several webmasters asking to review their business. But, do you know why they do so?
Well, because it really works and very positively. It is no doubt a time taking process but it affects the sales in an immense positive manner.
Do you know that more blogs are one of the most trusted online resource for information with over 80% people trusting and considering it? Not just that, over 60% of those people trusting the blogs makes purchases based on the reviews and recommendations by a blogger and 63% of people gets influence more by a blog than a magazine.
Well, here the question that comes is “How can you get bloggers write about you, your website/product/services?” I have added below an infographic created by Neil Patel of Quick Sprout that explains in detail:
Explaining the Above Infographic in Text Below:
Know and Understand What bloggers Need
It is very important for you to understand the need for bloggers. Present 21st century marketing and sales are heavily dependent on Word-of-Mouth marketing and so bloggers reviews and recommendations play an important role here.
Do you know that:
- 81% of online population trusts information and advice given to them by Bloggers
- 61% of those population make purchases based on them
- 33% of bloggers write about brand they love or hate
- 65% of bloggers follow brands on social media
- 63% of consumers get more influenced by a blog than a magazine
- Bloggers also benefits you in SEO by writing keyword-rich blog content, giving backlink and getting huge social media shares and reposts of the post
Set your Goals
In marketing or moreover strategic marketing you always have pros and cons and so it is highly recommended that you should set your goals. It is mainly recommended because of the ever-changing nature of your target market as accordingly you need to re-shape your strategies and goals will help you in doing that. So, typically what kind of goals you should set:
- Increasing your brand’s presence
- Increasing reputation
- Increasing in Sales
- Attracting prospects
Look for Relevant Bloggers
- Outsourcing – While looking for genuine bloggers for your brand methods like guest blogging or other bloggers outreach networks can help in finding the matches. Here you will be charged per article or per request for proposal basis.
- Insource – You can also your own list of likely bloggers for collaboration by using search engines, blog networks, following the trails of guest blog posts, social media etc.
- Invite Bloggers – For inviting bloggers social media contest can help you.
A case: Hanson Dodge formed partnership with 12 bloggers to promote the Ragnar Relay, pan-US-Canada event and they have blogged about the training of the event along with a prize from Ragnar Relay sponsors and that too every day to readers who like them on facebook, follow in twitter and comment on the blog post. And as a result Ragnar Relay had got 4K FB likes, Ton of campaign hashtags, 1400 blog comments from human.
Here you can get some more amazing examples of bloggers outreach.
Collaborate with Bloggers
Collaboration with bloggers is extremely important especially when you are determined in your blogger outreach plan. So, here is how you can do that:
– Approach bloggers as human and seek their friendship. Best if done through emails. Try to be easy to understand to the blogger and be courteous. Make sure that your message or request is so easy that the blogger should not find it difficult to say ‘Yes’ with a beneficial offer.
– Another way you can collaborate is by helping each other. Yes, many bloggers are consistently in search of good resource or hand that can help them reaching their goals. You can get to them by:
writing Guest Posts for them, get them some content writing jobs, pay them for bringing customers to you, something like an affiliate, create contests and award the within criteria for the bloggers and ask the winner to post graphic image of the award in their blog and talk something about it. Help the bloggers with some products/services reviews for no cash benefit.
Measure the Performance
– Now you should measure the performance of your work and list out the key performance indicators (KPIs). Here is what you need to measure:
Check for the engagement of audiences as replies and comments on the blog posts
Calculate the total size of the audience you have reached
Check the social shares of each post
Check out how many favorites, likes, bookmarks you have got to conclude the appreciation
List out the sales requests you have got
List out the visits to targeted pages and how many coupons have been used (if you offered coupons)
Some ROI trends
41% of marketers say that inbound marketing has produced measurable ROI in 2013
41% of CEOs, CMOs say that inbound marketing has generated positive ROI they sought last year
34% of business cannot calculate ROI of inbound marketing in 2013
The blogger outreach is not very common and easy to do part or strategy in online marketing and is time taking too. But doing this has immense benefits especially with authority mentions and getting targeted traffic. As mentioned above 34% of the businesses cannot calculate the inbound marketing ROI and so are unaware of the unexpected benefits of it.
Here a simple rule of marketing plays the most effective role and that is of praising or mentioning someone and getting mentioned by them. The ultimate law of marketing is that you need to reach the goals you have set and so for that it doesn’t matter what efforts it takes from you. Everything is ethical and worth till the plan and process is ethical.
Do you have a different outreach strategy that you have used for your site or blog? If yes, then please share in the comments below.
If you have any questions then please do not hesitate to put it in comments below.